Our 1st view on writing is make a start and write at least 1000 words a day,
which for us has produced:-
- 2019 - New writing of over 1.5 million draft words. A first
non-fiction draft book. "What if a building could talk?" An
obituary for the now demolished National Institute for Medical Research
Building Mill Hill London - (NIMR). See our Writing Blog for more
- 2017 to 2018 - Completion of a dozen books to manuscript proof stage
using Autocrit, Style Writer and Doxdirect.com. These include the GEMINI
Trilogy, LOOK - no touch and NAB!
- 2014 to 2016 - While lost in the desert of self-editing the
Allrighters decide to enjoy writing life. Douglas starts writing on the TIPM
website - Writing and Reading for Pleasure.
- January 2014 - A target set in June 2010 to write 1000 words per day
or a million draft words in three years is reached. Late because of unplanned
distractions from web interaction.
- September 2013 - A first book "Ywnwab!" is
published. The Allrighters did not find this process rewarding as all they wish
to do is have fun writing.
- May 2013 - The author's fantasy twin Alexander and the
Allrighters steal his fiction work leaving him to write non-fiction and process
their work on Earth.
- 3.00am 1st June 2010 - Douglas Burcham makes a start as an author
writing modern, unusual, fantasy fiction and has not stopped since. This after
a nightmare about being chased for some misdeeds of his parents. This became
"The Threat" in GEMINI.
Our 2nd view is to enjoy writing. For us this meant not publishing after
Our 3rd view is to read early on Stephen King's "On Writing,"
read widely. Learn how to write by doing. If you wish to write and sell
millions of books then follow Russell Blake.
We have been
concentrating on writing since 2016 so have not been very active on the web.